Last updated: 05 May 2021
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Pearce IP Pty Ltd.
How do we collect data?
We collect data in several ways including when you provide personal information to us, engage with our website, sign up to receive our weekly BioBlast® or other update emails, or offer to provide services to us. This data is given on a voluntary basis, and you are not required to provide any of this information.
What personal data do we collect?
The data we may collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, employer or company affiliation, location data, email address and phone number; and
- Health data including your dietary requirements or other health conditions where you provide this information when registering for a Pearce IP event or seminar.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your data for any of the following reasons:
- Business administration: providing services that you have requested and managing our relationship with you.
- Marketing purposes and website analytics.
- Legal obligations: ensuring compliance with our legal obligations and requests made by regulatory bodies.
- Cybersecurity: protecting our website and other systems, and detecting potential fraud or other malicious activities.
Will we share your data with any third parties?
We will only share your data with third parties in very limited circumstances, including with:
- our external IT service providers and marketing consultants for the purpose of Pearce IP marketing campaigns and website analytics;
- third parties for the purpose of collecting feedback on Pearce IP’s services;
- law enforcement authorities for the purpose of fulfilling our legal obligations, and
- any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations.
If we share any of your data with third parties, we will take all appropriate measures to ensure its confidentiality remains protected. Pearce IP will only transfer your data abroad where necessary for one of the above reasons.
Administering your data
If you wish to update your data or cancel any request you have made through our website, please send us an email at data@pearceIP.law.
We will only store your data as long as it is required for one of the above purposes. You can also withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email at the address above.
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data, to update your data, to restrict our use of, or make a complaint about our use of your data. You may do this at any time by sending us an email at data@pearceIP.law. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administration fee to process your request.
At Pearce IP our lawyers and attorneys have “raised the bar” for patent services. We work with life sciences clients to create and implement IP strategies with impact. From conception to post commercialisation our patent professionals provide work that is on point and on time. We help change the world, one patent at a time.